Helhund Realms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The valley of the Helhunds. A wide vale, white with snow and the dotting of thick pine forests. The place is filled with animals who wander restricted by the laws of nature. None who kill are without judgement, the judges are the Hunds of Lady Hel.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandpiper & Kadence

The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm

(mayve! and maybe it should be like a cross of sorts.)

Eireen smiled politely and nodded her head in respect. "Ummm, if you need a place to say, my alpha is quite welcoming. Miss...?"

Russo shrugged almost in the same manner as Harlequin. Harley had become as much of a father to Russo as anyone he could have. Russo looked to Harlequin out of the corner of his eye and spotted a glimmer of pride in Harlequin as they made eye contact, if only for a second. I'll make you proud, Harlequin, I swear.

(a little bit of foreshadowing for Russo Wink )
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Danatelle just stared blankly. She said, in a blunt manner, "My mate is dead." That was all that was on her mind the last few days. She could only think, Declaar is dead. Helhunds mated for life, so for their partner to pass was a very hard thing to overcome.
Back to top Go down
http://amourette2013.deviantart.com/
Sandpiper & Kadence

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Eireen gasped. "I'm so sorry, that's horrible." She'd never had a mate, so she could never have felt the way Danatelle was. Green hunds were not exactly attractive to males. She nosed her gently on the shoulder, gesturing to the only other members of the murder.
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Danatelle replied, "Thank you." and sat down, her head hanging low. She asked, "Has anybody close to you died?"

Meanwhile, little did the helhunds know, Declaar was very much alive. The reason no one ever found his body was because he never died. He had just rubbed his markings into the ground and cut his paw to make it seem he died. He wanted to lead the Smilodemons away from his family. He was currently crossing into Harlequin's Territory. His markings had all worn off, except for Hel's Blessing, the one made of tar, so his pelt was a light grey. He hid under his ashy colored tail, praying no soul would find him.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Harlequin nodded to Danatelle, the action a festering front of false welcome. He couldn't have cared less if she joined, but he'd be damned if he'd be inhospitable. "Greetings, wanderer. I am Harlequin, would you be so kind as to grace me with your name?" A small part of him snarled at this polite attitude he projected. Something was bothering him also, that small part, what he'd come later to know as instinct or his true self, was now lurching around from within, filling him with anxiety and tension. It made his hair raise and muscles tense. He rose to his full height and looked around, eyes passing through the others as if they weren't there at all. His nostrils flared, twitching as he analyzed the air cautiously. "Russo, do you smell that?" he said, orange eyes squinted as a crooked grin adhered to his visage. His pupils were barely larger than the head of a pin as he gave the area one last glance, before nodding briefly to Eireen, an understood gesture that meant he'd be back later. He wasn't really comfortable with leaving Eireen there with the stranger, but someone needed to stay and watch the area. "Russo, let's go," he said, glancing at the kid with urgency. He wanted to investigate what the scent was, rather, who it was, as soon as possible. He would not tolerate trespassers. He could tell it was a male hund, also that it was familiar, but what male hunds did he know other than Russo?

About a mile or so of running, sniffing, and grumbling, he'd managed to reach the owner of the smell. At first he saw a grey snow bank, but upon closer inspection recognized it to be the tail of a hund. He still didn't know who this grey helhund was. Giving Russo a tacit stare that said wait, he advanced on the hund, muscles taut and brows narrowed. "G'Morning, sunshine. Time to wake up," he teased, muzzle wrinkled into a snarl. Snoozing in another murder's territory, this guy isn't very bright. Harley was royally pissed off. This guy better be dead, or dying, hissed his subconscious. If this male was just napping for kicks there would be hell to pay.
Back to top Go down
Sandpiper & Kadence

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Eireen sat down next to Danatelle. "Yes. My father and mother. I was then removed from my murder and wandered ever since. Harlequin was so kind as to take me in." She smiled bittersweetly.

Russo snarled and charged after Harlequin. Spotting the strange male hund, he barked fiercely at him. "What are you doing in Harlequin's territory?! State your name business!" When Declaar did not answer, he snarled even more fiercely and took one step forward. "NOW!"
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Danatelle said, "They're still here, you know. They're at the graveyard. Could we visit?"

Declaar just smiled faintly. He stood up, and he was much larger than Russo, and almost a head taller than Harlequin. He said to Russo, "How disrespectful. You should never talk like that to the hund that created the tar marks." He shook himself, clearing the snow off of his body, revealing his tar and blood marks.
Back to top Go down
Sandpiper & Kadence

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:54 pm

"But of course Ma'am," Eireen nodded respectfully, standing up.
She took a few steps in the direction of the graveyard, but stopped as she waited for Danatelle.

Russo gasped, crouching down slightly in shock and respect. "Uh. Uh. Uh. Uh..." He looked to Harlequin out of the corner of his eye nervously.
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:56 pm

((So let's RP Eireen and Danatelle in the Graveyard topic))

Declaar just smiled.
Back to top Go down
Sandpiper & Kadence

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:24 pm

(okey)

Russo was unsure of how to act next. He didn't want to act rashly, but he also was not happy with the strange male hund in his murder's territory.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:55 am

(Erm...don't want to mess with your post...but uh...Harley is...um... MASSIVE. As tall if not taller than Declassy. xD)

His lip twitched, a ghastly smirk took to his features as he stalked even closer. He kept walking, his strides long and assertive. If Declaar did not move he'd easily run him over. His eyes were set on the grey male but appeared to look right past him, as if he were an insect to be ground into the snow with his paw. "Invented the tar markings, you say? Then I must know you," he purred, at this point silently seething. So he was not a stranger, even more reason for him to know something about Harley. Harlequin was very defensive/possessive. If it was his, then he'd be damned if it was in anyway desecrated. "Well, grey-man, I don't care what your name is, if I know you, or why you're here; so long as you are in my territory you will show respect to my family, my son especially," his voice had gradually gotten louder as he reached the end of his statement. It was true, those two hunds had become his family, and Russo was like a son to him in so many ways. His memory was impaired by his anger. Everything in him screamed attack, but he resisted. He began to think of who this helhund was. His nostrils opened as he took in a deep breath. Almost instantaneously he recalled the scent to be Declaar's, the hund that permitted him to stay in the Tar Lands until he got on his feet again... His body lurched at the helhund, barreling him over with ease and pinning him down by his shoulders with his front paws.

"Declaar! You moron, why did you not tell me it was you?!" he roared, laughing at how mad he'd been. He was grateful to this hund, and so the irritation melted away into humor. His muzzle relaxed into a grin and he practically bounded off the male. "Russo, this is Declaar. He is the alpha of the Tar Rot, or was, since I have no idea why his is here and not there." Momentarily perplexed by the hund shirking his duties as leader, he sank back on his rump and scratched at his head with a back paw, waiting for Declaar to explain the unusual situation.
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:11 am

((Oh sorry >.< Declaar's pretty tall, but Harlequin shall be taller Razz ))

Declaar smiled as the younger hund tackled him, and he licked his face, a sign of gratitude used for other Rot members. He laughed and said to Russo, "Now let me tell you something, always judge a hund by his smell, not his pelt." And he winked at the pup, ruffling his mane. "I have to talk to your father alone, ok? He said, meaning for the pup to run along.

The old hund's face went serious as he turned to Harlequin. He said in a deep melancholy tone, "It's he Sabers, Harlequin. They're back. I scented them in my territory. I had to lead them away somehow, so I faked my death, and smeared my markings and some caribou blood into the snow, to get the Demons away." His face leapt into a snarl as he reminisced the day. "Believe me, I never wanted to leave my family, but I couldn't have done anything else. I'm too old to fight the sabers, and there wasn't enough hunds to fight them off. Even if there was, I wouldn't want to risk my family's lives for that." His face returned to normal, and he drooped his head, saying, "I'm getting too old for this, Harlequin. My day is coming." Looking the healthy male in the eye, he said, "You're like a son to me, did you know that? I couldn't be more proud of you, raising a Family, building your own Murder." he licked him on the cheek again, tears filling in his eyes. His face went grim, as he asked, "Have you seen Kalypso? That foul disgrace." Kalypso was Declaar's Niece, and she ran a pack of wolves, practicing VooDoo and witchcraft. She and the Sabers were Declaar's only source of negativity. He even forgave Terrak, who was horrible to Renoir.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 am

(Lol, no biggy. So should Harley and the others go to Declaar's and help him fight orrr....? Where should we go from here? I don't want to be like "Yeah, sorry bro, not my problem. YOLO.")

Harlequin grimaced at the first mention of sabers, and at every mention that followed. "Your gal is missing you, Dec. She managed to wander into our territory, she should be with Eireen right now, assuming you would want to console her. Your "death" has really knocked her for a loop." He inhaled slowly, then exhaled with equal leisure. "If there are sabers by you, it should not be too long until they reach here. Maybe start multiplying, the filthy vermin. Our best chance at keeping them at bay, defeating them if it come to it, would be to bring everyone together for a while," he said dryly, dreading the thought of Russo and Eireen being in danger.

"We should head back," he said, nodding to Russo (who was probably waiting not far off) to go on ahead while the continued talking.

Trotting lightly through the snow, it occurred to him at once that Declaar was probably hungry and tired, and that a slower pace might be appreciated. "You mentioned a niece, Kalypso. I believe I've met her before, hangs out with wolves and polar bears. She's got quite the army assembled. Maybe she would be useful in a fight, the sheer number of them would be at least a distraction."
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 am

Declaar shook his head at the mention of this, saying, "She defends the Smilodons. Claiming there here to rid the plaugue of our kind." Thinking about the sabers, he continued, "I've lead the Smilodemons away from any territory. They should be somewhere near Hel's Cave, that was where I faked my death. How my Murder found it, I have no idea." He shook his head, trying to clear it. Declaar said, trying to change the subject, "Did you know I have a granddaughter? I never even knew about her." He smiled, thinking of her. "Her name is Geovanni. She lives with my cousin's son Aristotle, and a normal Saber, Luz." Declaar drifted, thinking about the proud addition to his family.

Geovanni, Aristotle, and Luz were currently on the border of Harlequin and Declaar's territory now. Geovanni howled for the leader of the territory, for permission to cross. She shivered, as she had no tail to protect her from the harsh winter.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:49 am

Harlequin should have pretended to be surprised, but deep down was not and so he did not show it. Declassy seemed to have a family that spanned most of the Valley, what difference should another hund make? He shrugged like a dampened flame, slightly depressed by the news of Kalypso's betrayal of their kind but not completely concerned. All her forces considered would hardly make a dent in a fight with the ferocious brutes. Before he could politely inquire about the new family members, a howl passed through the air, causing his fur to bristle and head to snap toward the direction it had come from. He thought it an unpleasant detour, but necessary. Should he ignore it and let them come in, the consequences might be horrid. Driving pests out at the boarder was much easier than chasing them from within. However, the howl to alert him was rather considerate, so he had an overwhelming feeling that a friend was beckoning, not a foe. "Shall we?" he said, pausing to see if the old boy was up to a quick trip to the boarder.

Harlequin's form plundered through snow and foliage alike, blasting through the tops of bushes as he jumped over them simply because he couldn't be bothered to go around them. About ten yards from the boarder he slowed into a trot, then a brisk walk, and eventually into his usual long, smooth stride that carried his tremendous size with a haunting elegance. His orange irises gazed at two foreign hunds and a Saber. Aristotle, the male, made him naturally cautious, and the saber, Luz, made him almost tense--though he masked it well with a warm, almost inviting smile. "You purpose here?" he inquired tastelessly.
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 am

Declaar smiled playfully, saying to Harlequin, "I've still got some spirit in me." and bounded to the border with him. Upon arrival, he recognized his Granddaughter's Muder, but said nothing, as he was on a friend's territory.

Geovanni stepped forward, her sleek figure standing proud but unthreatening. She said in a respectful voice, "I am Geovanni, daughter to Addam. This is my uncle, Aristotle, and my brother, Luz. We request your permission to cross your territory, or join a nearby Murder." She felt weak in needing to ask for a home, but Harlequin was known for his soft spot for females. Geovanni lied on her belly in a submissive position, not meeting Harlequin's eyes respectfully.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:13 am

Harlequin looked over the odd group, the life and acceptance in his eyes retreating to some cold dark place as he examined them, the males more so than Geo. After a moment the emotion came rushing back. He had made up his mind. He stepped forwards, head lowering next to Geovanni's. He licked her cheek. "Get up, doll. You and your family are more than welcome here." He gave a genuine grin and turned his back to them, a sign of trust, and headed home at a leisurely pace.

He looked at Declaar and snorted, "You could have just told me they were family."
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:17 am

Declaar smiled, and said, "I wanted to see your sense of judgement. And family isn't always friendly, but it this case, you'll be fine" and he slowed down to catch up with Aristotle.

((I'm gonna make Declaar the troll grandpa xD))

Geovanni, meanwhile, sped up, and started walking in pace with Harlequin. She smiled, cocking her head a little. "Thanks for taking us in." she said to the huge hund. She wagged her rump, making up for her lack of tail.
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:28 am

Harlequin twitched with annoyance at Declaar's reasoning. The old imp, he thought. He looked at Geovanni and bit his lip to avoid laughing at the oddity of her expression of happiness. In a way he found it adorable. "Not a problem, especially now, knowing that your Declaar's relatives," he said, chuckling. "So what is the story behind your lack of a tail? Just never had one, got it removed, you have me very curious."
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 am

Geovanni stopped wagging her rump, and said, "Well, when I was a pup, I lived in a Murder with Aristotle. Our Leader, Dareniann, let Aristotle and I keep Luz and take care of him, as long as we kept him away from the other hunds. You see, Luz's parents abandoned him, so our Rot took him in. Anyway, so Aristotle and I took care of Luz. He lived in a separate cave from me and my parents, all alone, so we visited often. But a horrible plague hit our Rot, and all of our Rot members were killed, except for Aristotle and I. We survived because the plague was from the Sabers, but since we were with Luz so much, our bodies built up an immunity. That's why I don't have a tail, and Aristotle has three legs." she concluded. Yawning, she asked, "Is there any reason why you're so tall?"
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:44 am

He was silent while she spoke, but when she inquired about his height he burst out laughing, unsure of why since he didn't find it that funny. "Mmm... Ate a lot?" he said with a cackle, not sure himself. He couldn't remember why he was the way he was, his markings, his memories...all eluded him. He could only recall the past few months, after he woke up in the Valley, and by then he'd already been his gargantuan self. For a moment he almost pitied Luz, knowing that although he had in theory saved his two friends, his kind is what had brought about the loss of their family and appendages. He grimaced, peering out of the corner of his eyes for the saber.
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 4:48 am

Luz was currently lumbering along, not talking to anyone. The saber had always felt out of place. He was raised as a helhund, to paint his whitish grey pelt with blood, mud and tar, but he never truly could be a helhund. He was out of place with sabers and hunds alike. It also didn't help he towered over any hund and was tiny compared to other sabers.

Geovanni smiled, and laughed with Harlequin. She saw his gaze drift, and asked, "What's on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:01 am

Harley sighed, closing his eyes for a second as he trudged along, feeling for the misguided soul. Upon opening his eyes he breathed out, "A little bit of everything."

As they arrived at the clearing there was no one to be seen, other than Russo. He sniffed, Eireen and the female had been gone for a while, he supposed. There was no sign of a struggle, perhaps they'd gone to hunt? He considered sending out a search party, but he decided to situate the newcomers first.

"Well, this is it," he said, gesturing to the clearing, snow partially cleared from all the traffic. Pathways branched from the center, trees with openings and dense shrubs served as dens, the closest stone den about a hundred feet away. About midway in the clearing was a stone that jutted from the earth that Harley was particularly fond of napping on, it was also where he decided he would stand when addressing the pack, though he'd never done it before and didn't really need the extra height. "If you need help finding somewhere to stay I'd be glad to help you look, food is pretty abundant so... Make yourself at home."
Back to top Go down
amourette2013

amourette2013

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:05 am

Aristotle grinned, and said gratefully, "Thank you for your hospitality." He hobbled under the nearest tree, giving his legs a rest.

Luz nodded his head in thanks, following his father.

Declaar whispered to Harlequin, "Try not to fall in love with my Granddaughter." with a joking smile, and he hurried off to hunt.

Geovanni cocked her head at Declaar, but shrugged it off. She walked to Harlequin, asking, "Is there anything you need done?"
Back to top Go down
Harlequin

Harlequin

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 am

Harlequin gave Declaar a scowl before laughing at the old hund. He nodded to Aristotle and then looked at Geovanni. "No, not that I can think of. Hunting might be helpful, your companions look famished. You are welcome to accompany me, or to laze about and rest. Whatever suits you best." He planned to give Eireen and Declassy's girl a few hours before going after them, in which time he intended to hunt to clear his head while being productive.

(Logging off. It's 4:10AM...yikes. Good night.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory   The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Plateau - Harlequin's Territory
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next